08-23-2009 09:42 AM
A long time ago I had installed a second hard drive to this tower -- as far as I remember, when I did this, I had to connect the cables (P3, P2, P4, P5, and P6 differently). After installing the the second hard drive the DVD-RW drive lost it's burning capabilities (turned into a CD-ROM) and I was fine with this. Now I have taken the second hard drive out and want to connect the cables so that it's configured the way it was intented by HP -- but the combinations I have tried so far don't recognize the burning capabilities.
I know very little about the hardware structure of computers so I appreciate some help with this. There are two serial lines of white plugs P2-P3-P8 (P2 and P3 are bigger and they both go into the optical drives); and P4-P5-P6. The DVD-RW is stacked above the CD-ROM drive if they tower is standing vertically. Can somebody help me determine what goes where?
my failed combinations are here:
upper drive: P5 P5 P2 P3
lower drive: P3 P6 P3 P2
I have tried searching the configuration but haven't had any luck.
Thanks for your help.
08-23-2009 10:01 AM
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)