Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I power up my Pavilion dv2000, I have blue lights but the screen remains black / blank. I can't hear the pc booting any further. I've tried all the Troubleshooting tips but no success. I removed/reinstalled the memory chips and hard drive, but no luck. The laptop won't boot from a Vista CD. Any suggestions / ideas would be appreciated.

Walt

37 REPLIES 37
HP Recommended

Hi,

remove the battery and power adapter connector from your laptop. Press and hold the power button for more than ten seconds. Once that is done try to start up your notebook.

regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Thanks Erico. I've tried that a number of times with no success.
HP Recommended
The symptoms that you are describing are typically those of a failed motherboard. How old is your unit?

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

HP Recommended
I believe it is roughly 2-21/2 years old. I had the same sympton in July and after repeated attempts at running through all the diag tests the laptop started fine and has been running for the past 2 months without issue. It had a video warranty still in effect when I reported the issue to HP. I'm checking with them to see what options I may have. If its a failed MB and I have to pay to fix, I'll just get a new laptop, and not an HP. Thanks
HP Recommended
Ok, you're welcome. Let us know the outcome.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

HP Recommended

HI. I have a same problem with that but I try to fix same like you said but it's not working.....Can you help me?

HP Recommended

hi i'm also having the same kinda problem with my Dv2000 when i power it on the blue lights show an i can her the fan but the screen remains blank?? can anyone help me please!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Alas...HP wanted to charge me at least $250 to fix the dv2000. I gave up last year, junked the HP and bought a new laptop. I've sworn never to buy another HP product. Their service record is poor as evidenced by their last place showing in many surveys. They may sell a lot of pc's and make a nice profit, but I won't be one to contribute, nor will anyone I know.

HP Recommended

Hey, I have the same problem, blue lamps and black screen, the pc will not boot.

I've read all the instructions but nothing works.

The Garanie has expired. Shall I buy a new HP computer?

What is the sense of this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.