06-07-2012 10:27 PM
I went into my Diagnostic Log and i have errors: 0301, 0305, 0303
Primary Hard Disk Self Test is as follows:
Quick test: Hard disk 1 fault
Full test: hard disk 1 fault
SMART check to exit testing:har disk 1 SMART (301)
I am running the start up test now and it's taking awhile of course. I was just wondering if by the errors I gave, if someone would be able to tell me what I will need to do. Will I need to send it into HP? My computer will not start up. It beeps multiple times, the sequence goes three times and it's hard to count all the beeps. This is fairly new, as I was just given this laptop a month ago. Will someone please help me?
I would greatly appreciate all and any help. If any more information is needed, I will glady provide it.
06-08-2012 07:04 AM
All those errors show a bad hard drive. The hard drive needs to be replaced. If it is still under warranty you can send it in but I have known HP to send out a replacement drive where they charge your credit card then refund when you return the old one. Do you have a recovery set of disks? If not it may be easier to send it in because if HP fixes it they will restore it to factory software, too.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)