05-14-2012 05:29 AM
I bought a HP Pavilion DV6 laptop and it was working wonderfully until recently. The problems started a few weeks back when I was playing games, the screen started going dim and back to fully lit and back to dim every 20-30 seconds...
I rebooted as I expected it to keep doing that even with the game off.. and when it came back on it worked just fine. There are no problems with it until I start playing a game
When playing I kept an eye on the light next to the charger connector and that was blinking along with the screen... so when I got annoyed I just changed the battery settings to keep the screen fully lit while on battery.. until a few days back the laptop went to hybernate in the middle of me playing a game because the battery died (although the charger was plugged in and the light on). The battery charges to 100%, holds a solid hour and a half, HP battery check rates it at 'good'..
I wonder what the problem source could be and how I would fix it? Yesterday i found a laptop website called http://www.cheapaubatteries.com , do you think it is safe to buy a replacement battery from it, here is the HP Pavilion dv6 Battery link: http://www.cheapaubatteries.com/hp-pavilion-dv6.ht
thanks in advancem
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)