03-29-2010 03:53 PM
I bought my laptop in September of 2008. It started having issues booting up about six months ago. It will intermittently not come on at all. Blue lights come on, it looks as if it's trying, but black screen.
Any suggestions? I am out of warranty, and my extended warranty was through Circuit City. They are no longer in business and Radio Shack (that took over their warranty business) could not fix the issue. It will occasionally boot, but with longer periods of non-boot in between. Now it is completely unusable. It's not quite two years old!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)