Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My laptop will not boot.  Screen stays blank.  All lights are on. Num lock and CAP-lock blink twice.  I have removed the battery, memory, HD and all accessorys.  same error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you all for your responce.  I resolved the issue be taking the battery out for a month and letting it sit.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi!

If the caps lock is blinking twice it mean the bios is corrupted

You can try to rollback the bios, press and hold the windows key then press hold tas well the letter B, while holding those keys power up the pc

If nothing happens, try to power on again but immidiately tap ESC repeatedly , startup menu will appear on the screen.

If you dont have the start up menu, try to power on again then immidiately tap F2 or F10

In F2 there's an option BIOS management,  choose the option ROLLBACK

IN F10,  set the bios into defaults by pressing f9 , then f10 again to save the changes and reboot the system.

Thanks!

Otilol

HP Recommended
Thank you for the response. I still get only the blinking cap and num light. All other lights stay on. Nothing on the screen or an external monitor.
HP Recommended

@sdfghjklop wrote:

My laptop will not boot.  Screen stays blank.  All lights are on. Num lock and CAP-lock blink twice.  I have removed the battery, memory, HD and all accessorys.  same error.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This might help to diagnose your unit

HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Thank You.

Otilol

HP Recommended

It's the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

Thank you all for your responce.  I resolved the issue be taking the battery out for a month and letting it sit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.