02-07-2012 02:31 PM
After a new hard drive instal under warrenty, and using Hp's recovery disks that were sent with the new drive and after loading all the dvd'd, get bootmgr is missing error
02-07-2012 02:33 PM
If you don't already have one, use another PC to create a Windows 7 Recovery CD. Download the ISO from the link below.
You should use an application such as ImgBurn to burn the ISO to a CD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here. Once created, or if you already have this, insert the CD and restart to boot from it. Select the Repair option.
Select the 'Repair your Computer' option and follow Option 2 in the guide on the link below to run Start-up Repair – you may need to run this 2 or 3 times.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
02-07-2012 02:49 PM
It cold be another issue if its a Western Digital drive.
Check this other post regarding same:
Hope this helps.
02-07-2012 02:56 PM
I am an HP employee.
"I'm looking for a laptop that looks like it's wrapped in super-rich, smoothed out tangerine peels." -TheMusicMaker
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)