08-05-2009 12:20 AM
I recently purchased my first laptop without doing any steady research on graphics cards, ect. My question: Is it possible to upgrade my CPU and GPU on a dv7 laptop, as to manually configuring it myself? If so, what are the available hardware products I can purchase?
My system information is:
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.10 Ghz
Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System Type: 640bit Operating System
ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics Card
06-27-2013 07:29 AM
I am not sure about the AMD processor,
I do know that the Intel processor can be uprgaded but is not recommended by HP. . Your warranty will be voided.
I am currently upgrading my processor, since i have lack of performance and overheating issues. You can look up alternative or cpu upgrades on line, and if there is any then you can do the swap.
I had to look through forums to find part numbers and compatibility.
Remember this is a delicate procedure and you can easily ruin your motherboard.
As far as the GPU, I have not found any ability to upgrade it. It is an integrated circuit Card, so i doubt youll be able too
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)