05-14-2011 03:19 PM
Hello, I recently purchased a system board for an HP Pavilion tx2000 laptop. I am replacing the system board in my laptop (system board part number 463649-001).
I removed the fan/heat sink assembly (part number 441143-001) from the old system board, and cleaned off the thermal paste and pads, per the instructions in the HP Pavilion tx2000 Entertainment PC Maintenance and Service Guide.
What types of thermal pads and paste are needed when re-installing the heat sink? None came with the system board.
Are there instructions on where and how to apply the thermal pads and paste?
The new system board included a small, thin, blue/gray pad, about 1/2 inch by 1 inch. What is this for? Is it a thermal pad for the CPU?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)