12-27-2013 07:37 AM
I have an HP Pavillion dv5, Model: dv5-1201AU, which is out of warranty. The laptop hasn't been used for about a year. The problem was that it was not at all powering up. The lights blinks on pressing power button, but nothing happens. It just don't boot or do anything at all. Now I wish to repair it. I think may be the motherboard is faulty. But dont know for sure. I want an expert advice on the matter. I suspect that if I go with the laptop to a local service centre they may change the working parts in it. So is there any way that I can know for sure myself what the correct problem is?
01-07-2014 03:54 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 11:23 AM by OscarFuentes
Hi dv51201au. Find the symptom which best matches yours and follow the steps. The most likely symptom is "Symptom: LEDs glow, fan noise is heard, but display is black or blank" based on what you said.
Computer Does not Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP):
I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)