05-05-2012 03:16 PM - edited 05-05-2012 03:17 PM
Very dead battery. They can have a couple bad cells which suck up so much of the power they keep the laptop from booting. You can hotplug the battery in while it is running and see if it will charge or is recognized by Windows.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)