06-21-2012 11:22 AM
The power supply plug from the power supply went bad on this HP notebook. I bought a replacement plug from Ratshack and after retrofiitng onto power supply cable the blue light around power supply jack lit and all is fine, right?
I then try to power up unit and the blue lights above the keyboard will light only for a second and then shut off!
You can press the power button all day long and those blue lights will light, just for a second, and then go off.
The battery seems to have charged up some, in that I can disconnect the power supply and the same on~off situation occurs with JUST the battery for a power source.
Did a google and some said, 1) remove battery hold power button down,2) remove cmos battery, 3) check memory. tried all of those and NFG!
I then read some replies to my google query, and read that the video chip may have overheated and unseated a fews pins? Are they serious?
Anyhow/way can some one shed some light on this problem?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)