11-12-2012 05:00 AM
When starting the HP Pavillon dv7-1118eo it seems to stop the sleeping mode. Black screen, lightning lamps, regurarly blinking Caps and Num lock lamps. What can be wrong?
Solved! View Solution.
Re: HP Pavillon dv7-1118eo not starting
11-14-2012 08:13 AM
That is what I would be thinking, too.
11-12-2012 01:00 PM
Have you tried a hard reset? Remove power and battery. Hold down the power button 30 seconds....wait 30 seconds, plug in power. Now try to start. If this does not work we should start suspecting a hardware failure.
11-12-2012 01:58 PM
Yes I have tried hard reset and starting without hard disc, memoriy cards or with one memory card. Nothing has helped so far. The screen is black, lamps are on, Caps and Num lock lamps are blinking regularly (no regular groups of blinking). I can not reach the Bios. Tried F10 button when starting.
I suspect motherboard failure.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)