02-28-2014 02:44 PM
My config: HP Pavilon g6 notebook - Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64 bit Operating System
One sunny day, I had a small spill on my keyboard (in the "1234qwerasd" area). I fixed it rather fast without issue, and there was no issue.
Some days after, while working, the keys "n, b, delete, F12, prt sc" and one or two other keys stopped gradually working.
To solve the issue I did the following:
1. Cleaned area.
2. Took the battery off, unpluged any and all cables, shut the laptop off and pressed the power buton for 30 sec.
3. Entered BIOS and tried to see if the keys make a "beep" sound, as the other do... they did not.
4. Connected external keyboard to see if it is a hardware issue, but the keys did not work on the external keyb either.
5. Upd BIOS, restet BIOS - no effect
6. Installed software to assign the function "n" and "b" to keys I rarely use... it did not work.
Friends suggested I reinstall windows, but if the issue will not fix itself, i cannot imput the code, i guess.
Thinking of a reset to factory settings, never did it before, I do have the Z-Recovery partition.
To be honest, I am a bit out of ideas and verry frustrated... never knew so manny words use "n".
03-04-2014 03:55 AM
//upd to previous memos//
Installed Windows 8 pro x64
Had issues with the drives but the beta catalyst from AMD worked miracles even though it is detecting a radeon HD 7400M videocard instead of a radeon HD 6470M. It works so I'm not worried.
They keys work now, with an external keyboard...
I'm guessing that I need to go to a service to replace my keyboard... or, could I do anything else?