07-13-2014 06:59 AM
I have an HP Pavilion 64 bits with Windows 8.1 and my touchpad stopped working. I connected an optical mouse which works, but I tried to re-install the drivers for the touchpad and it didn't work.
I would like to know whether the drivers that I installed didn't work because the problem is not there (I need to install something else appart from the drivers, or uninstall something which may be causing the problem), or because I need to find a specific drivers' "version" for my computer model.
Also I thought it could be a hardware problem, but I don't know how to detect this.
Any idea will be very welcomed!
Thank you very much!!
07-13-2014 08:48 AM
The touchpad does not really need drivers. It should work at a basic level without any. The drivers just add advanced features like tapping and scrolling. If the touchpad is non-responsive it is almost certainly hardware trouble. We need your full model number to give advice but generally some models have a replaceable touchpad but most require replacement of the whole top cover.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)