Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Greetings.

First of all please confirm me that HP ProBook 450 G0 comes with Bluetooth because I am unable to find it in Device Manager. 

If my notebook comes with Bluetooth, please suggest me which driver do I need to install for it.

I am using Windows 7.

Is it possible that HP would make some models without bluetooth for some specific regions?

Would appreciate your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Depending on the wireless card on your machine, it has/does not have Bluetooth as mentioned in the following specs:

http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=5359405#!tab=specs

• HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband
  • HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ Gobi 4G
  • Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo
  • Ralink 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 combo

(Supports Bluetooth 2.1 on Linux operating sytems )

Please check the wireless card in Device manager, only the last 2 cards have BT. For the first 2 cards, if you wish to use BT, you can buy an USB BT dongle.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hi,

Depending on the wireless card on your machine, it has/does not have Bluetooth as mentioned in the following specs:

http://www8.hp.com/emea_middle_east/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=5359405#!tab=specs

• HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband
  • HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ Gobi 4G
  • Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 802.11a/b/g/n (2x2) WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo
  • Ralink 802.11b/g/n (1x1) and Bluetooth 4.0 combo

(Supports Bluetooth 2.1 on Linux operating sytems )

Please check the wireless card in Device manager, only the last 2 cards have BT. For the first 2 cards, if you wish to use BT, you can buy an USB BT dongle.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your help...
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the last one - Ralink card.

In my device manager I have Bluetooth device with the question mark and i can't use it. I downloaded drivers from hp website, but during installation I always get blue screen. I have Windows 8.1. Can you help me?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Probook 450. In device manager there is a question mark next to the "bluetooth controller". I have downloaded the driver from hp/used 3rd party software to detect and download the driver. Both result in a blue screen.

And I have windows 8.1 too. 

HP Recommended

Is there any better way to inform HP about this problem? It's definitly something between driver and system.

HP Recommended

Hello mat159 and myanlien

I am sorry to hear you are both having issue with your bluetooth on your computers. To ensure I give you accurate information if you could post your product number for your computer. I am linking a document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well if you could indicate whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums and have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi, Dunidar and thank you for reply.

My product number is H6P81EA#AKD and I'm running Windows 8.1 x64.

If you need any additional information just ask here or by private message.

Thank you in advance for help!

HP Recommended

Hello mat159

Thank you for your quick response. Now you stated you downloaded drivers from the HP Website was it this driver that you downloaded? If not please download it and install it as it is the driver for your computers Ralink bluetooth. If you tried that driver already and it failed I would recommend you go here and starting with your Chipset drivers reinstall ALL the drivers and software available on the page.

I hope this resolves your issue and would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi

My product number is F0W27PA#UUF and I'm also running win 8.1 x64. Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.