Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i did what u told me 2. it completly uninstalled my webcam. and then when i clicked action nothing apeared. TELL ME HOW 2 TURN IT BACK ON!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to open Device Manager, go to 'Action' tab above and click Scan for Hardware Changes.

Open HP Pre-installed Webcam software such as Cyberlink YouCam/MediaSmart webCam/Touchsmart Webcam Software to view and record Live Video with your Webcam.

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Hi

I am also facing this issue. I was able to use camera a couple of weeks back. But not now.

There is no imaging device in my device manager.

It seems like some installed component has made this failure.

HP Recommended

Hi Kiran,

We all have this problem, and I am guessing that since we are not in warranty, ( my lap is three months over) we are not going to get a real solution. Assuming that we followed your directions clearly, (to which I am certain I have) and it still doesn't show up. Is there nothing else or just take the stupid thing in? My wife has been on me to get a Mac for years and Im starting to agree... Thanks for your thought if there is nothing else.

Jason

HP Recommended

We have about 50 of the 6450b laptops in our environment and the majority of them have the built-in-camera problem.  I can't explain why a select few of the 6450b's have working cameras.  It seems like some sort of firmware issue.  The problem has not been fixed by a clean installation of Windows, a camera driver update, or removing the camera and USB Root Hubs from Device Manager and allowing Windows to re-install them.  Would be nice to have a solution to the problem but it looks like we may be out of luck.  This problem is definitely not solved.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with camera!
When somebody from HP will solve the problem???!!!!

HP Recommended

Guys, is anyone working on this problem? I went to our regional support group and they couldn't fix this. They offered me to give me a new laptop. Can I hope that sth can come from you, or I should take the offer?

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue - the system does not even see the webcam - used to work before - fortunately my laptop is still under warranty

HP Recommended

If it si the same issue - go for a replacemen it's not fixable. And buy a dell next time :).

HP Recommended

HI,

Please perform Latest BIOS update which is sp56316 and see if it really works or not.

and if this doesnot work then go for driver update and at last part replacement.

But i hope BIOS update must fix the issue.

All the Best.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.