02-05-2012 10:22 PM
Im having issues with a HP Probook 6560B, where I am unable to boot it up at all (does not even power up).
I was curious if there is any known errors regarding power up issues or there is a simpler solution then to send the laptop off for warrenty.
I've already done some troubleshooting which hasn't fixed the issue:
- Removed battery and replaced with a known working/charged one
- Disconnected battery completely and plugged in AC adapter.
- Tried using 2 known working AC adapters, from other HP Probook 6560B's..
I should also note that the entire time the laptop has had power, the front power LED is blinking between white and amber. This is regardless of wether or not the battery is inserted.
Any help with this issue would be great.
02-27-2012 12:31 AM
So I think this is the only sollution. The laptop was away for about 7-10 days.
good luck with it!
06-28-2012 12:42 AM - edited 06-28-2012 12:44 AM
Absolutely the same here: out of 8 6560b, 2 show the described behaviour.
Battery was fully charged, System went to sleep or whatever, hit the anykey, nothing happens, hit the powerbutton, nothin either, it does not come back after hybernation oder poweroff, PowerLED is flashing.
Removing the battery, disconnect power, holding the powerbutton for at least 20 sec did not help.
Sent them back to hp for replacement, nothing heard sofar...
Seems to be a bad (monday morning) batch with a hw-defect of some kind related to bios.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)