Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
@riddle_decipher

Have you also passed my username to the appropriate team? I posted to this thread about the same issue a week ago but no one has contacted me.
HP Recommended

Thank you HP

You have contacted me and fixed my laptop.

Could you please post a statement that wil make me believe this will not recur?

For all those who have not been contacted please keep at it because HP is obviously aware and trying to remedy this issue.

HP Recommended
So guess what?! My Spectre x360 has just done the exact same thing. Like almost everyone else, mine has conveniently died 14 months after purchasing it (December 2015) and so it's now out of warranty. I have taken it into a local repair shop (also a hp business credited store) and they cannot find what is wrong with it, but they will not open it. I am fairly certain that my laptop has also suffered from the faulty capacitor issue with the motherboard and this is no doubt what the problem with mine is. After looking through the hp support forums and other websites this problem is far to common with the hp spectre x360 purchased around 2015. I am appalled that this issue seems to be reoccurring with this model of laptop and HP seem to be unwilling to admit fault and replace, what's more is that they won't do anything to help if it's out of warranty, unless you want to pay an extortionate amount (£700 or so) for them to fix it! The arrogance! So I'm here asking if anyone is able to point me in the right direction as to helping get my £1000, 14 month old laptop working again. HP, you know this is a reoccurring fault with one of your laptops, surely the decent thing is to offer to repair my laptop free of charge. At the minute I am not very happy with HP, let's see if you can change that?!
HP Recommended

HP has fixed many of our laptops free of charge even though they're out of warranty.  I originated this post and because of this post HP contacted me, sent me a box to send them the laptop, repaired the laptop and sent it back rather quickly.   They've done the same for others in this thread.  This was on a laptop 5 months out of warranty and was done free of charge.  I believe HP realizes there is an underlying issue here that IMO should result in a recall but they're quietly fixing these without making it public.

HP Recommended
OK thanks gadams65. I appreciate the reply. I'm hoping that someone from hp will contact me. Or do you think I should start a separate thread? Or perhaps you have some contact details of a moderator? Thank you!
HP Recommended

While I'm not at all unhappy with the fact that HP did repair my laptop free of charge, I did fill out a report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission as I don't want to see someone possibly getting hurt or having property damage as a result of this product flaw.

HP Recommended

Hi, did you lose the data on your laptop or did they retain your hard disk for you?

HP Recommended

Callumodonnell,  if you look at the beginning of this thread you will see that an HP moderator (Ken_T I believe) had responded to my initial post.

HP Recommended

Petersma25, everything remained intact.  They popped the SSD drive out and inserted it in the new motherboard.

HP Recommended

AWESOME!!  Just got my box in so I'll go ahead and send my laptop out as well

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.