Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
You should install speedfan and see what temperature it reaches in passive mode. Mine reaches 70° C with the fans at full blast, defo wouldn't want it much higher than that. Also I have noticed it runs cooler upside down. lol

They could have solved a lot of problems by putting the speakers beside the keyboard, there is next to no airflow venting out of the thing, because there is no holes in the top side
HP Recommended
To find the Realtek settings:

1) type MSCONFIG in the Search box bottom left of screen (Ask me anything in Win10)

2) on the Services tab, sort by Service Name and then Disable items starting with Realtek. I had 2x the one identified previously configured for some reason.

3) click on Start tab and then click a Task Manager link.

4) in Task Manager Startup function, uncheck the Realtek driver so it does start on boot.

5) On Processes tab, kill any running Realtek processes.

The fan should stop constantly running now. Reboot and it should be much quieter after Startup.

Obviously the fan should run occasionally, but I've found it to be much quieter than it was and only for short periods of time. The case doesn't noticeably overheat.

Hope that helps!
tt
HP Recommended

I didn't try the above solution but after talking with HP Support, they did a bios update for my PC that solved the issue for me. I would recomend that you all update your computer to the latest BIOS from the HP Support page.

I hope the issue gets solved for everyone.

HP Recommended

Darn - after 2 Bios upgrades and a patch to the Realtek drivers (no change in the Realtek service settings) the fan has become noisy again.

Might be time to give HP a call to see what is going on...

HP Recommended

You really shouldn't give people false information. You obviously don't know how passive cooling works:

your processor will NOT become hotter when you use passive cooling. If your processor reaches the critical temperature the fans STILL do kick in. The only difference is that in active mode, the fans already kick in when the processor is running at full capacity, but is still cool. 

HP Recommended

Hello

I had the same problem with the noise.

Yesterday, i removed mcaffee. I still can't believe it, but all problems are solved now. The spectre is absolutely quiet while browsing and playing films. The power holds much longer now.

I am using bitdefender now for security.

cheers

HP Recommended

Hi @Andruf

Welcome to the HP Forums! I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! In your post, you had said that currently your HP Spectre x360 Notebook with issues of noise. There are updates that are needed. Here a way to check for BIOS updates.

Please let me know how this goes.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click Accept as Solution to help others find what worked for you!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue and I'm very depressed. I bought this laptop with a SSD to do voiceover since the store said it would be silent versus regualr drive.  It was also of course more expensive. 😞

HP Recommended

Try this, folks.

Go into power options.

Click "Change plan settings" of which ever power plan you use.

Select "Change advanced power settings."

Expand "Processor power management."

Expand "System cooling policy."

Change "On battery" and "Plugged in" to "Passive."

This should do it. 

For added measure, you can lower the "Maximum processor state" "On battery" and "Plugged in" to 75% and 90%, respectively.

The fan will still blow, but with much less intensity. 

I'm pleased with the results at the moment.

Let me know how this work for you.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue whether it's Chrome or Edge. Very few processes running yet the fan keeps turning on. Also don't have norton anti virus and it's still non stop. Is there a solution for this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.