Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I downloaded my updates via the Support Assistant but when i see the history it shows that it is not yet completed installing. Many times I have postponed the restart by the Support Assistant. Here is how it shows me. Please Help Me out.

Viraj

support.jpg

dv7-6163us, windows 7 home premium 64-bit, 6 gb ram, i7 proccessor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information Ashish!  When you try to install from here, what are your results?  Please elaborate on how it doesn't work for you.  Is it not installing, or does it install fine, just not work?

Thanks!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following

First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by opening windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP Support Assistant and select Uninstall.  When this process has completed, restart the notebook.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.

http://h18021.www1.hp.com/helpandsupport/hp-support-assistant.html

After the installation, restart the notebook again and check if it will now apply your updates successfully.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

not_working.jpgHey!

I deleted the old version and reinstalled from the link, still not working. 

Help please.

Ashish

HP Recommended

Hello Ashish,

What is your product number and operating system?

Thanks!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hey!

Thanks for the prompt reply, the screenshot I uploaded had all the information, since it isn't showing up right now, here it is again: 

Product number: A3W41PA#ACJ

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information Ashish!  When you try to install from here, what are your results?  Please elaborate on how it doesn't work for you.  Is it not installing, or does it install fine, just not work?

Thanks!

Signature
HP Recommended

I have installed it using sp58915.exe from here.

Attaching screenshot again.

Support assistant not working.png

When I click on "Check for HP updates" it completes the first step, i.e "Connecting to HP servers".

The rest of steps have a cross mark against them so it seems like it does not check for updates. I have had this issue since Oct 2012.

HP Recommended

Also, the HP Support Assistant crashes when I try and access the action log.

HP Recommended

Okay so I have uninstalled Support Assistant and reinstalled using the link provided by you.

Thanks a ton for the help, works now!:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

I am so happy it worked for you! 

Thanks!

Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.