Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 17-ab004n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - please can you help me.

My HP support Assistant function is not working properly. It tells me that I have 6 updates but when I try to update by the HP support assistant, it gets stuck after making a restore point . (My Internet connection is fine because I can browse other websites)

I have downloaded the software manually from the HP website and installed these, rebooted, yet still the HP support assistant says says I have 6 outstanding updates.  The laptop is only a month old.

Please help. Thank you, David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello and welcome!

Try to uninstall HP Support Assistant in program and features.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below

Click here

After the installation, restart again.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello and welcome!

Try to uninstall HP Support Assistant in program and features.

Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below

Click here

After the installation, restart again.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU - it worked!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.