Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
G72 Notebook b20SA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've just upgraded my hard disk from 500MB to 1TB using advice from this forum. Everything working well, but after the cloning process I see I have a small partition called HP-TOOLS. Can I delete this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Same end result. You copied over the factory original partitions and that one you do not want to mess with. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I would not. I believe that is the UEFI diagnostic partition. I assume you used an HP recovery disk to reinstall the OS?

HP Recommended

Many thanks. I used EaseUS to clone the 500MB disk to the new 1TB one.

HP Recommended

Same end result. You copied over the factory original partitions and that one you do not want to mess with. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the confirmation. This is how the disk looks now, if you have any further comment.

disk071216.JPG

What I'm trying to do is join the unallocated partition to C:, and I'm beginning to realise that probably only a reclone will do that. EaseUS has a facility to set the size of C: after cloning, which wasn't initially clear.

HP Recommended

Yes an advanced partition utility (e.g. Paragon Partition Manager or Partition Commander or the like) could move the start of the HP_Tools Partition further to the right and you can make a recovery disk and then delete the D:\ partition, but the simpler way would be to do a proportional clone or ask the clone to create a much larger C:\ drive to push everything to the right during the clone. You did a literal exact clone, leaving all the real estate you added with the bigger drive as unused. 

HP Recommended

When I used CMS BounceBack many years ago, that would have automatically have created a larger C: partition. I'll have to do a re-clone with EaseUS and be sure to tell it to do the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.