Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15t-q100 CTO Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have the HP Slim Quad 100 Notebook with the HP Synaptics Touchpad.

The touchpad intermittently stops working correctly.  Sometimes it's so bad that it's unusable. 

I have done a little research and I found that the driver is causing the Touchpad to detect clicks and touch when there is none.  I've confirmed this by looking at the real-time Pressure graph tool that measures Touch Pressure.

According to the Synaptics Pressure Graph tool (in the Synaptics folder, the red "Z" Icon [SynZMetr] is the name), the Touchpad is detecting pressure even when my hand is off the Touchpad altogether.  I suggest that anyone with this same issue confirm this themselves as well, during your time of random malfunction and sporadic movements.  You will see pressure in the pressure graph even when there is no contact with the touchpad.

My temporary solution:

Double click on the 'Reflash' folder in the Synaptics folder:

C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynReflash

After I reflash using this method, the issue is fixed immediately.  However, sometimes I have to do this on a daily basis!!!  What is the root issue and how can I fix it???

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Troubleshooting:

I've reinstalled the newest driver a few times:

Current Version:

Synaptics Touchpad Driver -18.1.7.8 , Size: 187.8 MB  --  Oct 11, 2014

File name: sp66500.exe

^ This did nothing to solve the problem from re-occurring. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Emmaus7 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have this same issue on two HP ENVY Notebook - 15t-q300 PC's.  

Touchpad is working fine then all of a sudden after awakening the PC the touchpad stops working.  Each time I have to either roll back or remove the existing driver.  

HP Recommended

I have the very same issue on my msi laptop... no wonder, it's a synaptic like the envy. I restaart the computer and it works for a day or so, if I don't open too many tabs. The touchpad hates facebook, probably like other sites witth much traffic. I have updated the driver, and am out of ideas now. The computer is still underv warranty and I'll brring it back too be fixed soonn. What a pain!

HP Recommended

Nice fix. I found that by resetting the trackpad, the issue was temporarily fixed as well. I assume this does the same thing.

To make this work a bit more permanently, I created a scheduled tasks that runs SynReflash whenever my computer wakes up. The trackpad issue seems to occur most after the computer wakes up so this should really help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.