Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello I am having trouble with a driver for my HP Pavilion G7-2251dx

The video feed doesn't work.

The Hardware ID's are

USB\VID_04F2&PID_B34F&REV_6047&MI_00

USB\VID_04F2&PID_B34F&MI_00

I have Windows 7 installed. My notebook came with Windows 8 by default but I downgraded and installed every other driver necessary except the one for this component.

Could you guys help me find the latest driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The CyberLink software available in the web support portal for your notebook is also compatible with Windows 7.

Download it and install it to see if it is what you need to return that fuinction to your notebook.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

The CyberLink software available in the web support portal for your notebook is also compatible with Windows 7.

Download it and install it to see if it is what you need to return that fuinction to your notebook.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

benim labtobumun kamerasının driverlerini kaç defa yükledim çalışmıyor yardım 

HP Recommended

Where can I get the driver for this hardware? Not the Cyberlink Youcam software. The driver for the bloody web cam.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem before in 2012.  I used the HP Recovery Manager software to restore the driver on the Windows 7 OS.

This is found (if you still have it) by searching in Windows 7 for it by name.  It is stored on the factory recovery partition and the "one and only" recovery disk you may have made of the HP recovery software (Not nice of HP... just saying...)

In the HP Recovery Manager Home, My Computer, Go to the Drivers and Application ReInstall section.

Look for the driver named:  "HP Webcam."

Just select the one item (notice: to find it scroll way down the list.) and then click Install. 

Follow any instructions and reboot.

That was the only place I could find the driver, and it worked for me.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks. I actually tried the recovery manager, but it always fails.

HP Recommended

Hello hi_and:

Thank you for your query.  I will be elated to assist you!

I have gathered you are running Windows 7, and want the webcam software and drivers. I am providing you a link to 'Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 7)  click here.  This should provide you with the necessary steps to re install your webcam driver.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Yeah, I've already gone through those steps, without success. Looks like this might just be another instance of poor build quality of HP notebooks.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

hi_and

I hope you had a good weekend.

I regret that you are still experiencing an issue with the webcam. The drivers are in the software. I am sending you a link to Testing a Webcam With MediaSmart in Windows 7   click here.  For your perusal I am sending you,  Using HP MediaSmart Software Webcam Feature  click here.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

please i want HP Truevision HD Webcam Driver for Windows 7

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.