Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Today my HP Webcam 101 which is built into my laptop (HP Pavilion g6-1337sa) has decided to not work.

It doesn't not fully work, as when I video call on skype it works for a split second and then turns off. It sometimes then either goes to a green screen or the YouCam loading screen or fails to work at all. I'm unable to make it work at all.

I have tried reinstalling Skype & YouCam but no change, as well as a System Restore from before the problem started. I have also tried many of the problems on the HP forums already, including from here, which hasn't helped;

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02452221

One of the solutions was to change the driver from HP-webcam101 to "USB Video Device" which did nothing, and I can't seem to find the HP webcam.

I'm not sure if this is also relevant but if I was to try and get the webcam to work in the YouCam application, it will attempt to connect to the webcam, and you also hear the sound when you connect a USB device? And a pop up comes up saying "This Device can peform faster" and then it dosconnects. 

It also had a short burst of time where it worked for maybe a few minutes, then stopped again and hasn't since.

The webcam does connect, extremely briefly, but I have no idea what the problem is at all. 

Any solutions or help will be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

Toby

(Windows 7 64bit)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi TobyMiller,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion g6-1337sa Notebook   and  HP Webcam 101 not functioning correctly. Make sure you have no external USB devices connected while troubleshooting. Try opening Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. In Device Manager, locate the Webcam Driver, and then double-click the device  name. Then locate the USB driver and uninstall this device. Click the Driver tab, and then click Rollback Driver. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem.I am using HP pavilion g6.

I tried your suggested answer but it didn't fix my problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.