Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The built-in microphone on my HP Webcam HD-3110 is not working.  The manual indicates I should select this microphone and enable it.  However, the HP Webcam microphone was not installed during the webcam software installation and therefore is not on the list of available sound devices.  I am using Windows 7, 64-bit.  Searches through the HP forums, the HD-3110 manual and on the Internet has not helped find a solution.  Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@bpsack wrote:

The built-in microphone on my HP Webcam HD-3110 is not working.  The manual indicates I should select this microphone and enable it.  However, the HP Webcam microphone was not installed during the webcam software installation and therefore is not on the list of available sound devices.  I am using Windows 7, 64-bit.  Searches through the HP forums, the HD-3110 manual and on the Internet has not helped find a solution.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have to agree can not fine any software any where to fix the problem about the microphone on my HD-3110

ether. I thank HP should get off of there pot and fix this problem are pull the webcam off the market and refund the money that was spend. I like HP but it puts a bad taste in my mouth about this problem.

HP Recommended

I recently reinstalled Win 7 and mine isn't working either. I tried to record videos for youtube and there is no sound. I did check the volume and everything and I have all the latest drivers insalled. I don't know what could be the problem. 

HP Recommended

How doi turn on my webcam

HP Recommended

After spending about an hour on the phone with an HP Technician and giving him permission to remotely control my PC, he got the webcam working.  Here's what he did, which I hope you find helpful to solve the problem of a Webcam installation that does not install the driver for the webcam's built-in microphone:

1) Verify the installation by going to Device Manager and determining if the Webcam microphone and device are installed.

2) If the microphone did not install, the HP Tech corrected the problem in the following steps:

a) Complete the installation using the Webcam CD, including reboot.

b) Use Device Manager to uninstall the webcam but do not uninstall the software.

c) Unplug the webcam from the USB port.

d) Turn off the computer.

e) Re-start the computer from a cold start

f) Plug the webcam back into a USB port and watch to see if Windows installs the drivers.

3) Start the HP Webcam Center (icon should have been installed on the main screen) and click on webcam settings.  Click on Audio and make sure the Webcam microphone is selected as the default microphone.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.