Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I just took a long hard look at the specs on yout adapter and the SSD.

Your SSD is a M keyed M.2 NGFF SSD.

The specs on the adapter state that it will not support M keyed SSD types.

Perhaps you should have waited on that purchase.

The five pins on your ssd indicate that it uses the PCIex4 bus. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@Domi1963 wrote:
Erico write:

Boot to the usb installer after you watch the following video. You will need to convert the new M.2 SSD into GPT formatted UEFI volume. Once that is done, you can either cancel the installation and use your recovery media to install Windows to or continue using the usb GPT Windows 10 installation.

1)My new disk has to be installed already in my laptop when I do this.
2) UEFI BOOT has this to be enabled in the bios before I make the Isi image or after install of the new disk??

1) Yes. It has to be installed in place of the original M.2 SSD.

2) I am pretty certain that It already is enabled. That is how it was setup at the factory with GPT and UEFI. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

You mean the adapter for cloning at amazon???

I bought not the right ssd card??? i sthis the right ssd card or not???

please answer when you have time

I know nothing about computers
HP Recommended

The adapter for M.2 to usb 3.0. that you ordered from Amazon is what I am referring to. That was not the right type of adapter. The advertisement did warn you to check before ordering it. It is a good thing that it was inexpensive.

You ordered the correct M.2 SSD. 

HP Recommended
OK thanks! Enjoy your barbecue.
HP Recommended

My friend erico,

Problems!!

1) I can not download the " media creation tool" or iso image from the website of microsoft on my new windows 10 laptop

Than i tried it to do with my previous laptop with windows 7 on it,and there i can download the iso image or media creation tool.

2) next problem: once i have the media creation tool or iso image on my old laptop, rufus can not find it where i located it.

By the way my rufus interface is others than yours showing in your tutorial. And the have the same version number???

When i go to microsoft download center and I click on the download iso image there comes a

white page whit nothing on it. this is on my new HP. On my old MSI I can download it but rufus can find an iso image where I stored it on the laptop???

Have you an explanation for this???

Or do you have another solution to help me that my new disc will be recognised at first? And than how to make it GPT and instal my backup of my windows 10??

Many thanks in advance for your answer if you have the time!!

HP Recommended

Hi erico,

The windows 10 image is not available anymore. not yet on my new HP. and the "media creation tool" is not recognised as an image on my windows 7 MSI. And now? other solutions? the most important for me is that my new ssd samsung wil be recognised in the bios. I have a windows system recovery CD. and that schould be working or not??

HP Recommended
Another question: how do I open a CMD once my new ssd is installed with nothing on it?? On HP laptop for shure.
HP Recommended

YES!!!!!! I have made succesfully a bootable flashdisk with windows 10. I finaly did it whit my old MSI laptop. before looking at the web and searshing an searshing i finaly found how to do whit "media creation tool" from windows.

Now I'm waiting for my new ssd. And then we see fhurter.

HP Recommended

Good work.

Don't forget to watch the video I provided the link to on page 2 of the thread.

It explains and shows how to use the bootable usb installer you created to access a command line and convert the disk to GPT with UEFI.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.