Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP g6-2197sa
I am interested in purchasing a new battery for my laptop. However, when I enter the HP Spare battery part number in (593553-001), there are a number of batteries with different mAh (capacity) advertised. Please see below for my laptop and current product details ( also please see attached photos of my battery).

Laptop model: HP g6-2197sa
Battery Details- 
MU06 Notebook Battery
HP Spare: 593553-001 (on the battery itself the part number is 586007-222)
10.8V - 47 Wh
4200mAh 
Li-ion

When browsing for a new battery using the current battery details (MU06 Notebook Battery and 593553-001), I have seen numerous battery advertised as 5200 mAh and 4400mAh (with 10.8V), but not many with 4200mAh. Therefore, I was hoping that you would be able to advise whether my laptop would be compatible with a battery that has the same voltage (10.8V), but a higher aMh capacity (4400 or 5200).

Also, is the actual physical size  of the 4400 aMh and 5200 aMh battery larger than my current laptop battery (4200 mAh)?

Many thanks in advance.

FullSizeRender.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Same part number, same size, same dimensions

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Looks like the 586007-222 is no longer available, only  593553-001 with 4700mAh:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=593553-001

Same part # should be same specs BUT from time to time new battery can have more capacity. The 4700mAh will have more capacity then the 4400mAh.

You can also buy from (I don't know 5200mAh is the right number or not). But looking good.

https://www.amazon.com/593553-001-Replacement-Notebook-Battery-5200mAh/dp/B004MR6IO4

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Many thanks for you swift reply banhien.

So, I can purchase a battery with higher capacity (i.e. 5200 aMh) than my current battery, as long as the voltage is the same?  And this will still be compatible with my laptop?

Also, would the physical size of the 5200 aMh battery be bigger than the 4200 aMh battery?

All the links provided were from US. I am looking for a battery in UK.  I am intesested in the following:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Battery-for-HP-Compaq-Presario-CQ42-CQ62-CQ72-593553-001-Pavilion-G6-D...

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same part number, same size, same dimensions

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.