01-23-2012 11:54 AM
so i just got this new
HP Pavilion dv6-6b91eo laptop:
Product number: A3L50EA#UUW
Intel i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
8 GB Ram
1 TB Harddrive 5200 rpm
Radeon 6770m 2 GB dedicated
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Full HD anti-glare
it's a very nice computer, but i already experienced alot of problems with it.
1. the computer display is set to turn off after 5 min. as standard, then you have to move your mouse to turn it on again. but the problem is that some times when the display is off i can't turn it on agian no matter which buttons i press not even when moving the mouse, but the laptop is still running, so i have to hold the power button 'till it turns off, and then when i turn it on the laptop will work just fine. what's wrong?
2. some times when i use the computer and everything just work fine, then suddenly it won't open programs like itunes, task manager etc. and it's kinda running slow too, and it's all pretty strange, so what i do is i press start and then shut down, then it will begin to shut down and shows the shutting down logo, but then it will just keep on showing that logo. so i have no choice, the only thing i can do is hold the power button agian. and when turn it on, it all work nice again. what's with this?
3. i play mafia 2, i can run it all on high and it gives about 30fps. so that's fine, but in cutscenes some of the shadows are blinking, this shouldn't happen when my graphic card should be able to play it. so i tried to update my graphic card driver. it helped a bit, in some other games, but it still don't work in mafia 2. this is my graphic card http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6770M.4
4. then suddenly after some days i got the blue screen driver error, which shutdown the computer.
so i reformatted my computer and now i still experience the first 3 problems agian. i'm really dissapointed about this, i mean my old cheap compaq laptop had none of this problems, but this high performance laptop have so many issues.
can someone please help me out and solve these issues.
01-23-2012 02:28 PM
Download, Install and run this program to see what the bluescreen error is and what driver is causing it. post what you find out.
01-24-2012 02:54 PM
Please run the extended Tests on the hard drive then the memory modules, post back the results.
01-25-2012 12:53 PM
So you think i'm getting the problems 'cause there is a problem with my RAM or HDD. i haven't tested it, but i don't think it's 'cause of bad RAM or HDD, it's a brand new laptop and everything runs fine and pretty fast, but then suddenly it's slow so i have to hold the power buttom to shut it down, and then when i turn it on agian everything works fine again. it's pretty strange.
i think it's some software issues, what do you think?
02-03-2012 08:53 AM
My HP laptop broke on one side of the lid and I want to know if you have had a recall for this problem.The laptop wasn't used very much and I don't understand how the Quality was so bad.Laptop info HP Pavilion Entertainment PC.
Thank You dlr
03-24-2012 10:15 PM
not sure if you tried to change the sleep time to never that way you shouldn't have it shut down and not respond but to save you money with the blue screen and never have to bring it in again, this is all manual go to your start menu on your hard drive/ under windows scrool down till you see bootstat.dat then right click anywhere blank not on a file and save a secound file name as bootstat.dat2 with .txt file then delete the original and rename the second file as bootstat.dat like the first you shuldn't have any more problems with a blue screen after that. i fixed my boyfriends doing this his would restart over and over and holding down your power button **bleep**s up the OS hope this helps. with the graphic card im not sure but could just e your computer running to many unnessary software you can change this in the control panal or just by clicking ctrl / alt / del and looking in the task manager.
p.s you will have to take control over the program to override the blue screen right click the bootstat file and hit propertys look under security click advanced and change the owner to what ever your computers name is caps count so what ever your computer comes up as when it asks you to give the password to login thats what yu pt in youll have to add and edit in a few other tabs but after ward youwill have complete accesse to the computer.
07-11-2012 01:41 PM
Ok I was in the middle of reading when my laptop just turned off. So I turned it on again and It took me to the start normally window and I clicked enter. when I did it started out kinda normal then it took me to a really bright white and grey page and a little box popped up and said:
Create file fail.
Then when I press 'OK' another box pops up and it says that its from HP Recovery Manager and tells me to contact Hp customer Support but the box it says:
Recovery not supported under current configuration, please enable accelration option for Intel Smart Response Technology and try again.
Once I pess 'OK' the mouse freezes and turns off again.
What do I do?
And what does it mean?
07-13-2012 01:53 AM
my hp laptop(G-62) shows 100% cpu usage randomly.this has happened twice.system becomes extremely slow and difficult to operate.i ultimately need to shut if down.i have already checked there are no virus in my system.aso at the time it shows 100% cpu usage,,there are no heavy programs running in my laptop.i am unable to figure out the problem..please help me.
08-03-2012 07:35 PM
ok so i have a HP mini 110-3135dx and everytime i start it up and it automatically goes to quickweb there is an error message that says ' we found a problem with your configuration data, please wait for computer to restart' and after it restarts the error message keeps appearing no matter how many times i restart it. how do i fix this? please help.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)