09-10-2012 03:17 PM
My HP pavilion a620n won't power back on when I push button on the front, there is a little green light on the back that went off when I unplugged everthing attached to the back. Could this be a bad on off switch? Just turned it off while on vacation and now it won't turn back on. Have tried new cord, new power source at the wall, have cleaned wiring coming from so called switch to the board and unplugged and plugged wiring back into board, still nothing.
09-17-2012 01:14 AM
It sounds like the worse case scenario, so you have gotten the power supply replaced and cord. The very last thing is the Motherboard. By any chance while you were on vacation, was there any thunderstorms in your area passing by?
----------- Please Kudos Me!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)