05-12-2013 08:32 AM
My HP pavilion g6 2204sa keeps randomly shutting down without any warning or sign of it shutting down but I have notced that this only occurs when the battery goes below 50-48%. How can I solve this problem?
05-12-2013 08:42 AM
Does it ever do it when connected to AC power or only on battery? If only on battery go into the BIOS (Setup) by tapping F10 as you power up and see if there is a battery calibration utility and run a battery calibration. Your battery is likely reporting more charge than it really has and the calibration will realign it. If the battery is over 18 mos old it might be time to think about a new one.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)