Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was trying to purchase a HP envy dv7t today online and got to the last step to chose the payment method. I want to use the  hpdirect.com Preferred Account since it's "No Payments + No Interest if paid in full in 12 months with hpdirect.com Preferred Account. $899 minimum purchase."

Sounds good but you will probably never able to qualified. Why?

I put in my info today and it always come back to me that "hpdirect.com Preferred Account was unable to authorize your transaction based on the information you provided."

OK, so I thought it was because maybe my income too low to qualify, so I asked my wife, then my parents, then my friend to try. And all four person come back the same message "hpdirect.com Preferred Account was unable to authorize your transaction based on the information you provided." NOw what's happening? SO this option just here for us to look but not functional?

Did anyone try to use this Preferred Acount as first timer today and able to go thought?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I had this account opened a few years ago and when i tried purchasing today..i got the same message...and no one at HP can help me

HP Recommended

I created an hp direct account and have used it to buy my laptop, microsoft word, and a wireless mouse. I tried to purchase a TV today and got that same message. I'm unsure of why i'm getting this message because I used the same procedure to checkout, same information and everything. And i have more than enough available credit to cover the purchase! Any one knows whats going on with my account

HP Recommended

I'm also having the same problem trying to purchase a new laptop.  I have an exsiting HP preferred account and the HP website will not allow you to use an existing account.  I called HP and they stated that they are aware of the problem and working on it.  I'm not sure that I believe they intend to fix it.  Furthermore, since the HP preferred accounts are all supposed to be shut down for future transactions after 8/31/2016, HP is not accepting orders over the phone now, using these accounts. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.