07-06-2010 05:21 AM
I just got this error today. my laptop was working earlier today, but a half-hour ago, now it isn't seeing the HDD.
Start-up Test: 4Gb of memory passed/OK
Hard disk not exist
Windows 7 Home Premium
HP G62-144DX Notebook
when i tried to turn it on, it says "no bootable device -- insert device and press any key" then i brought it to a friend of mine and made him try to reformat it but he said that the hard disk cannot be detected.
i really dont know what happened to my notebook.
i just bought it 2 months ago.
it just lagged and then it shut down then it never came back again.
it cannot read or detect its hard drive while i never made it fall on the ground or be bumped hard on something.
please help meT.T
if my information is lacking, please tell me what am i lacking so i can put it here.
07-06-2010 06:22 AM
I believe the hard drive has simply died. It happens. They are very complex machines. The only way to be sure is to remove the hard drive and see if it is detected in another computer or as an external drive connected to an adapter. In that event the problem is more serious yet. In any event you need to call HP Support on a 2-month old machine and it looks like it will be going in for service.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)