09-29-2010 10:15 AM
HP Pavilion dv6700 Entertainment PC - laptop; hp service tag: dv6810us
Which method is best to repair a laptop when it has: "Windows failed to start":
1) Hard Drive Repair - by using the recovery disc (but do not have it since it did not come with PC).
Then Repair Windows
2) Hard Drive Replace; then reinstall Windows
09-29-2010 12:29 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 12:04 PM by OscarFuentes
This issue means that the Operating System is corrupted. You can try repairing the operating system using Startup repair. Please look in Hard Drive detected section in the following weblink:
If the issue persists, I suggest you perform Recovery to restore the system back to factory settings.
You do not need to replace hard drive for this issue unless until it is critical hardware failure.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
09-30-2010 09:40 AM
Can you get to windows via Safe Mode? (pressing F8 after BIOS is done). If you can, try running a chkdsk /f on C:\
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)