Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15r107_ne notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

So i've been having these massive laggs during using windows or linux , like it compeletely freezes and the only thing i could do to get my laptop working again is using the power button to restart (i know that's bad but it was the only option i had), after i did that i kept getting "hard disk error" , and i can't boot to my os unless i keep restarting again using the power button till it finally boots
after i ran the hard disk check i got this

Testing Drive : 1
Hard Drive SMART Check : PASSED
Hard Drive Short DST Check : FAILED
FAILURE ID : UC41B3-0008H2-XD7V7F-60V903
PRODUCT ID : K1G30EA#ABV

what does it mean?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

You've to replace it with a new one of similar form factor. Old one has failed.

If you're within warranty, HP would replace it free.

Contact HP in your region.

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hi,

You've to replace it with a new one of similar form factor. Old one has failed.

If you're within warranty, HP would replace it free.

Contact HP in your region.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Manual: page 59, 60
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

Instructions are given to take out old HDD if you're not within warranty. But I would suggest you to get help from good technician if you've not done something like this before as it needs some disassembly to reach the hard drive bay.

If you've to salvage data from old drive, you can take it out connect to another PC using SATA to USB adapter. Copy the files using explorer.

HP Recommended

i guess it's envitable then x.x
thanks for you help 

HP Recommended

You're welcome!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.