Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6-1118TX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello Community people,

I recently get a message indicating an imminent harddisk  failure during bootup. I just wanted to know how I can fix the issue plus how to procure a harddisk and fix the same. The issue seems to affect the booting up speed of the laptop. I would be thankful if you can give an approximate value of the new harddisk and the various options available(eg.1TB,750GB etc.) for the model number PAVILION g6-1118TX. Also suggest would it worth to buying  a new harddisk and move on or look for ugrading the system to newer models.

Awaiting your reply at the earliest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ra1791!

I'm sorry to say that, but such errors are usually indicating that the drive is about to fail, so the best option in this situation will be to replace it with another unit. If the product is still in warranty you can contact the support, but in case you're out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the hard drive yourself you can take a look at the user manual, page 46:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02834221

Compatible replacement drives are listed there as well.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Official WD Representative.
Please, Kudo me and choose as Answer if this post helped you! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ra1791!

I'm sorry to say that, but such errors are usually indicating that the drive is about to fail, so the best option in this situation will be to replace it with another unit. If the product is still in warranty you can contact the support, but in case you're out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the hard drive yourself you can take a look at the user manual, page 46:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02834221

Compatible replacement drives are listed there as well.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Official WD Representative.
Please, Kudo me and choose as Answer if this post helped you! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.