03-13-2009 07:24 PM
I have a dead Hitachi HDD retrieved from an old DV2000.
The laptop is out of warranty, but hard disk warranties usually last 3-5 years. The drive was produced in July 2006, so I hope there is still time to get a warranty replacement. Using the drive S/N, Hitachi web site says I should contact HP, but I couldn't find anything about this on the HP web site.
So, my questions:
1. Will I be able to get a replacement drive?
2. How? [e.g. Where is the RMA generation (URL?) / who can I talk to?]
Any help would be appreciated.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)