Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I run the 'Trouble shooter' in 'Hardware & Devices' I always get a message at the end 'Hardware changes might not have been detected'. What does it mean and how to fix it? (I only have a very limited knowledge in computers.)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @kashyapawick,

Thank you for your query, I will do my best to help.

When you run the troubleshooter in hardware and devices you always get the message "Hardware changes might not be detected. Please check that your Windows services is set to automatic.

• Open charms
  • Select setting
  • Type services
  • when the windows opens search for the Windows installer and if it is not set to automatic right click  and choose properties 
  • You should now see an option in a drop down menu that you can change from manual to automatic.

Please let me know if  this helped.

Please click the Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello Sparkels1,

Thanks for your reply. However, I find it dificult to get what you mean by 'Open Charms'. I'm sorry as I said I'm not much of a computer guy. Can you please give a step by step guide right from the basics. Thanks mate.

HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1,

Sorry I forgot to mention that as you have stated my windows upadte settings are actually not on 'automatic'. I can't change this setting in 'change pc settings-recovery & update-change how windows updates are installed' because that is not working and display a message that these settings are managed by the administrator. But I'm the system administrator for this notebook. I don't no how to change this setting either. As this seems now related to the current issue, I really hope you can help out. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @kashyapapwick, 

Thank you for the update.

To open charms take you mouse to upper left corner of the screen and you should see a bar open. Click on the magnifying glass to open the charms bar.

• Click on settings
  • Type services in the search bar and press enter
  • when the windows opens search for the Windows installer and if it is not set to automatic right click  and choose properties 
  • You should now see an option in a drop down menu that you can change from manual to automatic

Please let me know if you were able to make the change. 

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.