Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Thats exactly what Im going to, sorry i get ahead of myself and its surely showing through,lol. But i will indeed add the M.2 and set it up as my boot. thats sure to give the jump in speed im so lacking currently. i believe a 258Gb m.2 SATAIII or should i go larger? for boot the 258 will do what im looking for correct?

HP Recommended

Sure I run my whole laptop (Spectre 13) on 256 gigs. Plenty. 

HP Recommended

So the clear this will work in an m6 w105dx yea? before i pull the trigger

or this

SAMSUNG 850 EVO MZ-N5E500BW M.2 500GB SATA III Internal SSD Drive

HP Recommended

There's always the little tech surprises but that M.2 meets the required specs and should work for you. 

HP specifies this M.2

256-GB solid-state drive (SSD) 813081-001

Appears to be a B + M connector 2280 form factor and the 850 Evo is the same:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1123190&gclid=Cj0KEQiAwrbEBRDqxqzMsrTGmogBEi...

HP Recommended

Ive located a intel 540s series 2280 ngff SATA 6 60 mil, i believe this is OEM for the HP, and am probably going to pick it up

HP Recommended

Looks like a 2280 form factor to me. I would open it up and measure the slot before buying a 60mm disk. 

HP Recommended

Im on it right now, I have to thank you for your time and patience. I bought this used the m6 and i reset it to factory as i wanted it bare and it appears ive lost the software that fires up the wifi, it worked then didnt. I went to device mnager and right clicked and told it to show the list but the several that were there are now gone. so.........I found it, shes good. Ill be disassembling the m6 today or tom. i will keep you apprised. HP really needs to demote back to student, im ef no tutor   lol

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.