09-20-2012 05:03 PM
I am having issues with the built in web cam. It keeps saying that another program is using it or the device is not present. In Device manager, it is listed as usb Webcam with a microsoft driver. How can I trace what program is stopping me from using it on msn messenger etc. Even the factory program you cam can't access it
09-20-2012 07:10 PM
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
09-26-2012 03:14 PM
Hi. I have applied the latest bios update <from ver f.33 to f.65> & updated the driver <guessing that is the youcam update>. Still no joy with the webcam. Is there a program somewhere that can tell me what program is claiming exclusive use of the webcam & preventing youcam from accessing it?
10-18-2012 01:31 PM
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)