Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
G62-435DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new bluetooth mouse and can't get the computer to see it.  Was able to connect to it to another computer I have.  I am thinking this computer doesn't have bluetooth capability.  

How can I verify if it has the hardware to support bluetooth. 

Thanks,

Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, Ray:

According to the product specs for your notebook at the link below, it does not come with built in bluetooth networking.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-G62-Notebook-PC-series/4346237/model/5051466/document/c026348...

If it did, that feature would have been listed along with the 802.11b/g/n WLAN wireless connectivity specification.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
Thanks. Is this relatively easy to install? I replaced my hard drive recently. That was easy.

Thanks,
Ray
HP Recommended

@REO51ST wrote:

@skiray

Adding one would be easy and inexpensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-G62-Laptop-Ralink-Wifi-Wireless-Bluetooth-Board-RT3090BC4-602992...

REO

HI.. I bought the part you mentioned from Ebay and installed it.   I get the blutooth icon in notification area and I can see Bluetooth in devices.   But under the "Manage Bluetooth devices", it says your PC is seartching for and cab discovered by bluetooth devices, it keeps searching but doesn't see anything.  I tested it with my phone and another lap top.  The phone and other lap top can see eachother but the HP can see either and vice versa.    

Is there something else I need to do.   Turn on something else, etc. 

Thanks,

Ray

HP Recommended

Sorry for the miss spelling...     I meant the HP can NOT see either device and vice versa.  

Basically the hardward is installed but can not connect bluetooth to anything.   Can not see or be seen by other devices. 

Thanks so much.

Ray

@skiray wrote:

@REO51ST wrote:

@skiray

Adding one would be easy and inexpensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-G62-Laptop-Ralink-Wifi-Wireless-Bluetooth-Board-RT3090BC4-602992...

REO

HI.. I bought the part you mentioned from Ebay and installed it.   I get the blutooth icon in notification area and I can see Bluetooth in devices.   But under the "Manage Bluetooth devices", it says your PC is seartching for and cab discovered by bluetooth devices, it keeps searching but doesn't see anything.  I tested it with my phone and another lap top.  The phone and other lap top can see eachother but the HP can see either and vice versa.    

Is there something else I need to do.   Turn on something else, etc. 

Thanks,

Ray

HP Recommended

@skiray

First thing go to Device Manager.

Uninstall your Bluetooth device or devices.

If asked to Delete the drivers say YES.

Reboot and let Windows rebuild the drivers for the Bluetooth.

REO

HP Recommended
Thanks REO. Any other ideas?

I have windows 10. I uninstalled everything that had to with bluetooth and wifi. Nothing asked me about deleting drivers. No check box either. Rebooted the computer and they all came back. The only driver that I was able to update from Internet was the 802.11 wifi adapter. My bluetooth adapter has 2006 date on it. Bluetooth and wifi are in the same physical module that I bought though. The bluetooth shows up in devices. Kind of strange about date of driver. In any case my phone still won't see my computer and vice versa. Phone can't see other computer.

Appreciate anything else to try.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.