Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP x4000 Wireless Mouse with L

I am unable to remove batteries. Don't want to force removal for fear of damage!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @john_stenzel

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to replace the batteries on your mouse.

I’d love to help!

You replace the batteries through the top of the mouse, not the bottom as with most others. Please note that when you remove the cover there is another small plastic piece that holds the two AA batteries down you'll have to remove that as well to get the batteries out.

Please refer to below document for images and more info.

http://hp.care/2mFRtBN

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I have changed the batteries.

HP Recommended

Hi @john_stenzel

Thank you for posting back.

Is the mouse working fine now? If you are having any other issues do let me know.

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have opened the top of the mouse but there is no way to remove the batteries.  i don't want to destroy the mouse but there doesn't see any way to access the batteries. 

HP Recommended

Hey there! @paulhack,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you would like to know how to replace the batteries on the wireless mouse.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to the wireless mouse?

I found a video on youtube which shows you how to replace the battery on a wireless mouse.

Refer this video link to know more information.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless mouse issues with your laptop.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.