Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey All,

Was beating my head against the wall trying to solve this problem today, and found a link to sharp keys.

http://www.randyrants.com/2011/12/sharpkeys_35.html

This program allows you to reassign key values to they keyboard and is easy to run and works on my 4540s.

Thanks, that is all.

Elliot

HP Recommended

Any Solution to this??

HP Recommended

I just updated to the Latest BIOS, the "Action Key" option is still not there, no option to change this setting. HP has gone mad, definitely!! What kind of a user interface is this, that is not being corrected despite customer complaints and inputs.

HP Recommended

I don't disagree, Slasher. I've gotten around the problem by using KeyTweak:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/327616 

What I did was to configure the F keys to perform in the opposite manner. For example, I tell F9 to be Volume Up and FN+F9 to be F9. I've done the same for all of my media keys and other functions I use. I found this app because I wanted to configure my Caps Lock key to be a second CTRL for use in gaming. It works very well. So well, in fact, that I just forget about it. 

Hope that helps. -TC

HP Recommended

The thing is I don't want to use a third party utility, it should be something in the BIOS itself 😄

HP Recommended

I'm with you on that, but HP apparently has no plans to do anything with the 4500 series since it's been replaced by the 450 series for the past year now. It was the only option I could track down. If you do end up using KeyTweak, make sure to save the configuration file and save it off-system so you can restore it any time. I've had my config for almost two years now with no problems, but it never hurts to be prepared 🙂 -TC

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.