Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp ay108ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
How many they are ??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Ahmedbadran2016 :

There is only one usable one...and the hard drive is currently connected to it.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Ahmedbadran2016

Ports

1 HDMI

1 headphone/microphone combo

2 USB 2.0

1 USB 3.1

1 RJ-45

1 multi-format SD media card reader

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05262959&doctype=data sheet&doclang=EN_GB&searchquery=&cc=emea_middle_east&lc=en

REO

HP Recommended

Hi, @Ahmedbadran2016 :

There is only one usable one...and the hard drive is currently connected to it.

HP Recommended
So if i want to install an ssd i should remove the installed hhd ??
& plz can you tell me which is the best compatible ssd that could be installed on this device ??
HP Recommended

> So if i want to install an ssd i should remove the installed hhd ??

Most notebook/laptop computers only have one "drive-bay".

So, there is room for only one disk-drive, not the HDD and the SSD.

> plz can you tell me which is the best compatible ssd that could be installed on this device ?? 

They all should fit, as long as the SSD is no thicker (distance between top plate and bottom plate) than the HDD.

Many people have problems when using Windows 10 on a 32 GB SSD -- it is just too small a capacity.

So, the most-common size in 2016 was 120 GB, but in 2017, it seems to be 240 GB.

HP Recommended
Thanks for your reply
HP Recommended
But does it worth to open my new laptop & install the ssd ??
HP Recommended
You mean notebook & laptops or the notebook type ??
Which type usually comes with an extra sata port ??
HP Recommended

> You mean notebook & laptops or the notebook type ??

> Which type usually comes with an extra sata port ?? 

Actually, neither usually comes with more than the 2 SATA ports -- one for the disk-drive, and one for the CD/DVD drive.

Yes, it's worth installing an SSD -- longer battery life between recharges, because it consumes less power, and much faster I/O than a "spinning" disk-drive.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here is the service manual for your notebook.

The hard drive removal and replacement procedures can be found in chapter 6, starting on page 60.

Note that this work should be done by an authorized sevice center.

I do not work for, or represent HP, so I cannot comment on what doing the work yourself has on the warranty status.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05087748

Yes, you would remove the 5400 RPM hard drive and install a SSD in its place.

There is no guarantee that the port that the DVD drive is connected to is a SATA III port.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend a SSD for you, since I don't have the model series you bought.

Myself...I have used the Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB in two of my PC's, and 3 of the Intel 535 240 GB and 120 GB in some of my other notebooks.  They have all worked just fine.

Others say the Samsung 850 SSD is the way to go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.