06-23-2011 07:12 PM
I just got a brand new HP Envy-14 and it has a Synaptic Touchpad. Apparently the default setting is such that, if you are typing, the trackpad is disabled. I DO NOT want it this way, but I can't find an option anywhere to change it! When I'm playing a game, I need to use the touchpad and keys at the same time.
06-23-2011 07:19 PM
Okay I finally found a solution, but it leads to another problem. I had to turn off "PalmCheck" and now I am able to use the touchpad while using the keyboard. However, this seems to disable me from setting the "Starting Zone" options! Why can't I have both?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)