Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have HP Pavillion G6 (core i5 2430M) .. I want to know how to enable turbo boost?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Pakistanish,

Content removed - moving too fast and mis-entered the answer.  Apologies!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

You gave me link to Ready Boost. I was asking about Turbo Boost

HP Recommended

You are correct.  Sorry, I'm moving too fast and didn't see.  Most sorry!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
u can see it at this weblink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9nfpaiUCy0
HP Recommended

The thing is that my BIOS does not have so much options I think its a locked BIOS ... My BIOS is from insyde

HP Recommended

Ok I got it ... The processor is inherent to run turbo boost ... I can monitor the turbo boost with intel's turbo boost monitor and it works perfect without installing anything on my pc. Just install the Turbo boost monitor and monitor the performance yourself.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19105

HP Recommended
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology is a way to automatically run the processor core faster than the marked frequency if the part is operating under power, temperature, and current specifications limits of the Thermal Design Power (TDP). This results in increased performance of both single and multi-threaded applications. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 takes advantage of the power efficiencies introduced with having an integrated die for processor and graphics. It is also optimized for the new micro-architecture that was introduced with the Intel® Core™ i7-2xxx processor series and the Intel® Core™ i5-2xxx processor series.
HP Recommended

i have an hp pavilion g series with an amd A4.  how do i turn on the turbo boost?

HP Recommended

Turbo Boost is a technology exclusive to Intel. The AMD equivalent is called "Turbo Core" and apparently it activates itself automatically under heavy CPU load. If you want to find out if Turbo Core is activated while you're using a program that requires a lot of CPU power, try downloading and installing CPU-Z, and then download and install Prime95. Run the "Blend Stress Test" on Prime95 and see if the core frequency changes in CPU-Z.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.