12-20-2010 05:04 PM
I much prefer to use the function keys AS FUNCTION KEYS. I don't want the default to be fast forward or rewind or stop or sound options. I want f2 to be f2 (edit excel cell) and so on.
Currently I press fn EVERY time. It's annoying.
Is there a way of changing the defualt key to be what was originally intended? HP has made finding this information impossible so far.
Notebook computer keyboard on a HP G72.
Solved! View Solution.
12-20-2010 06:08 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 12:20 PM by OscarFuentes
You Can disable that functionality by disabling "Action Keys Mode" in the BIOS...
Here is the document, that will help you with it... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02035108
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
11-13-2014 07:01 AM
I'd like to change my F2 key from "reduce the brightness" to "Edit". At first, this post answers this, but unfortunately, F10 redues the volume. How do you change the BIOS when the F10 key does allow you to (bt the way pressing the function key with F10 doesn't work either)
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)