Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 430 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

In order to install one of the Bluetooth drivers, I need to enable the Bluetooth device on my laptop. How is this done for the ProBook 430 G1? The BIOS says it's enabled. I have the Broadcom abgn 2x2 wifi adapter (QDS-BRCM1058 FCC).

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP Wireless Assistant software is not applicable for your model.

Your model uses the HP Connection Manager software, which supercedes the HP Wireless Assistant software used on older models.

It does basically the same thing.

The key is that if you had the bluetooth radio turned of using the connection manager software, and reinstalled the operating system, you must reinstall the connection manager software in order to turn on the bluetooth radio again.

This would also pertain to the wireless card if that was turned off by the connection manager software before the operating system was reinstalled.

This is what you need to install.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5387722&swItemId=ob_134880_1&swEnvOid=405...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Do you have the HP wireless assistant installed? Also do you have the wireless button to the upper right of the keyboard? Also you can check in the BIOS to see if perhaps it is turned off there.

HP Recommended

Hi:

The HP Wireless Assistant software is not applicable for your model.

Your model uses the HP Connection Manager software, which supercedes the HP Wireless Assistant software used on older models.

It does basically the same thing.

The key is that if you had the bluetooth radio turned of using the connection manager software, and reinstalled the operating system, you must reinstall the connection manager software in order to turn on the bluetooth radio again.

This would also pertain to the wireless card if that was turned off by the connection manager software before the operating system was reinstalled.

This is what you need to install.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5387722&swItemId=ob_134880_1&swEnvOid=405...

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the very fast response and solution. I've been able to enable Bluetooth on my HP ProBook, and was able to pair the laptop with the Logitech H800 headphones...

... However, I now have the issue that I can't use them as "Speakers" or a "Recording" device. The H800 headphones are listed as a bluetooth device (Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers > Bluetooth Devices), but I'm unable to select them via the "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sounds). The only options available are:

* Speakers (dynadock - port replicator)

* Speakers / IDT (HD Audio - built in laptop speakers)

* Speakers (Logitech Wireless Headset - when connected via USB wireless)

If I show "Disconnected Devices" it shows, but I'm unable to connect to the "Headphones - Bluetooh Hands-free Audio" device. It's status is disconnected. I've tried setting the headphones to searching mode, but the driver seems to be using the basic Bluetooth Hands-free Audio driver from Microsoft (Broadcom).

Is there an updated driver which supports the H800?

When I visit Broadcom and download/run the "SetupBtwDownlaodSE.exe" file, it states that it's unable to upgrade my software. And that I should contact the manufacturer of my Bluetooth device for support.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to go to your notebook's support page, click on the Broadcom bluetooth driver download page, and then click on the revision history tab.

If there is a newer driver available, you can try that one.

When I do that, I see that the latest driver is 6.5 Q (9 May 2014).

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_132205_1

HP Recommended

Thank you again for the response.

I ran the HP Softpaq Download Utility and updated a few software installs to their latest versions - including the BIOS to 1.30 (from 1.07). I still couldn't connect to the Logitech H800 headphones. :Crying:

I then did a search in Google for "Broadcom 4.0 Windows 7" and came across another forum suggesting installing the Lenovo package - http://support.lenovo.com/en/downloads/ds033930

As soon as I ran this package, it asked if I wanted to upgrade the Bluetooth 4.0 driver. As I thought I was already at the latest version... yes please! Well, after a restart, I was able to open the "Devices and Printers" option, right-click on the H800 icon and select "Control". The bluetooth control panel for the device launched and as soon as I clicked on the "Connect" button, I was connected. I even switched off the headset, waited, switched it back on... and it automatically connects (with a Windows notification popup).

All sorted! Thank you.

HP Recommended

That is great news, and thanks for sharing your solution to the problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.