Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-p009er
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello

I have a laptop HP Pavilion 15-p009er with 2 videocards: Amd Radeon HD8610G and Radeon R7 M260.

I have recently installed Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-15.11.1-Beta-64Bit-Win10-Win8.1-Win7-Nov30 drivers for it.

And I think that only one videocard is working (Radeon HD8610G) because my fps in games is extremely low and I think that AMD Crossfire is not working at all. Or the drivers may installed in the wrong way.

I have cheked my videocards in the GPU-Z program and it shows that Crossfire is disabled on both videocards but it is avaible. And now, only Radeon HD8610G is loading. GPU load on Radeon R7 M260 shows 0% 

What should I do to make the both videocards work? How to enable CrossFire?

Please, help... :Crying:

Here are the screenshots from GPU-Z

Spoiler

If you need, I can also send the screenshots showing the gpu load of both videocards

Please help!:smileysad:

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

It is switchable graphics. One or the other is working at all times, not both. You have to set the Catalyst application to run the stronger video card for specific apps.

Crossfire can not be implemented. You can only do that on a desktop with a crossfire-enabled motherboard and two cross-fire enabled video cards. 

HP Recommended

Ok, then why when I play any games the GPU-Z shows the GPU-load of Radeon R7 M260 always 0%?

And why does it show that the CrossFireX is availbe?

HP Recommended

Cause you do not have the game set to use the R7. 

Exactly how do you see yourself using crossfire? Have you ever seen a computer using crossfire? 

There is something called AMD Dual graphics which allows use of an APU (integrated graphics) and a dedicated graphics card at the same time. It is kind of like crossfire but not the same:

https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-1318#jive_content_id_What_happens_when_graphics_cards_with_varyin...

If you tried to pair your integrated video with the dedicated video the whole thing would clock down to match the slower video chip so I don't think this would get you anywhere even if it were possible

What happens when graphics cards with varying memory speeds and engine clocks are paired together?

The overall performance will be adjusted to match the memory speeds and engine clocks of the lower clocked card. To obtain the ideal performance, graphics cards should be paired correctly using the AMD Crossfire compatibility chart.

HP Recommended

The Radeon HD8610G is integrated videocard and Radeon R7 M260 is discrete.

I have no idea how to install Amd dual graphics.

How can I make my laptop use the discrete R7 M260?

I saw some videos where people just changed the switchable graphics mode to fixed from the bios and then just entered amd control panel and made R7 M260 work always or something like that...

HP Recommended

It is a matter of installing the right driver and then setting specific demanding apps up in the Catalyst Control Center to use the R7 M260 video card. Your model does not have the option to set the system always use the discrete card, I don't think but if it does that would be in the BIOS...hit esc as you power up and F10 to enter BIOS and if it is there (and I do not think it is) there will be an option to use only discrete video. 

http://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/66

Have you tried going into the Catalyst Control? Do you even have it available?

HP Recommended

Yes, I have already tried lots of versions and changed the priority for game to maximize performance but there were no effect, Radeon R7 M260 still had 0% GPU-load.

HP Recommended

Are you using the driver from the HP download page or from AMD?

HP Recommended

Actually, I'm using drivers downloaded from hp drivers page for windows 8.1 64bit. There are 3 packs of drivers for amd video graphics. I have installed all of them.

I found interesting that there are no support for Radeon R7 M60 when you are unpacking to SwSetup.

I only found the suporrted drivers for Radeon HD8610G.

Here are the screenshots of supported devices showed in all 3 packs, downloaded fro hp site:

Spoiler
sp67286.pngsp67286.pngsp69161.png

Can this be the reason of a problem with loading the Radeon R7 M260 gpu?

HP Recommended

Are there any ideas?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.